Meta description- Quickbooks network can disturb the business functionality. So, try to resolve it as soon as possible with this complete guide.
Quickbooks bring lots of diverse features in one place where everything can be tackled in the easiest manner. Due to this software, we are breaking the conventional mode of the accounting field and moving towards the new digitalized world. But, there are a few downsides of the software that appear in the form of errors and disturbs the whole business domain. In this guide, we are going to tackle one such Quickbooks Network Error in the best ways. So, just stick to this guide and resolve all your queries related to the error issue.
Quickbooks Network Error
Quickbooks Network Error is often seen only while accessing or opening the company file records. The error also displays the message saying the connection has been lost. There can be lots of reasons behind the error’s occurrence. It’s time for us to learn what they are.
Vital Cause of Quickbooks Network Error
At times, the network issues create hindrances to the system. Thus it becomes unable to successfully upload a part of the page. This gives rise to the error and disturbs further operations. Well, the user can easily avoid the error message by keeping some important things in mind. Now let’s consider each of the points that will help you to avoid this irritable error.
Key Points to avoid Quickbooks Network Error Message
As a matter of fact, here we will learn some crucial things that we should need to regulate. So, read all the points below and keep this intimidating technical error at bay.
- Since updating Quickbooks demands logging in as Windows Administrator so try to provide the minimum requirement to the system to run the QB application.
- Make sure to access the enterprise company files only on Quickbooks Enterprise edition.
- Spot the current Quickbooks version that you are using by moving to the Product Information window ( press F2 key) and then try to search for the latest Quickbooks update.
- Try to rebuild the file on the local system and then back it up to the specific locations.
- Quickbooks network connection error can appear at the time of accessing a company file in the later version of Quickbooks, which is created in the older version. So, you need to make sure that the company file is compatible with the Quickbooks version that is being used to access the file.
- Moreover, install the software where the company file is located. If it is set up on the network then make sure that the hosting computer that can access the company file is not disabled or disconnected from the network.
- The last thing that you can do to prevent the error is to convert all the company files to local storage.
With all these cautionary steps, you can easily dodge the error to appear in your system.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Network Connection Error
Solution 1: Verify the Network
The user needs to check the network connection in order to rectify the error with the help of the steps below.
- First of all, try to access or save a different computer file on this server to ensure that the system is having essential access.
- After that create and delete MS excel or WordPad file in the folder having the company file.
- If you become unable to perform the second step, then configure windows set up permissions necessary for Quickbooks.
Solution 2: Restart the System
Restarting the system is another solution to this as it solves many issues within the system. For instance, we tend to conduct the update program but forget to press the restart button. Any update is incomplete without it as it does not affect until the system reopens. Therefore, make sure to open the windows again after updating the programs.
Solution 3: Turn on Multi-User Hosting
First of all, ensure that the server is running in multi-user mode whereas the workstation is in single-user mode.
- Then navigate to the File menu on the workstation and select Utilities.
- Now confirm that the Host Multi User Access can be seen on the list.
- Disable Stop Hosting Multi-User Access only if the workstation displays.
Solution 4: Run and Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to close Quickbooks.
- Try to save the file in an easily accessible location.
- Then follow the on-screen guidelines to download it and also agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done with the installation process, open the tool hub and opt for the company file issues.
- Now choose Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Moving on, select your company files from the drop-down menu
- If the data is not visible then click on the Browse option and try to search for the file.
- After that select check your file and hit the continue tab.
- In the end just enter Quickbooks admin password and hit next.
Solution 5: Run QBCFMonitorService/QBDBMgrN
It is no secret that the firewall is the leading element that blocks the internet access needed for Quickbooks files. In order to resolve this obstruction, we need to configure exceptions and ports essential for firewall software. So, follow the steps below to conduct the same.
If QBFCMonitor Service not Running
- Try to configure the firewall to open 8019 ports for the tool and Quickbooks applications on the clients and server.
- Ensure that the hosting of the server is turned on.
If QBDBMgrN not Running
- In the first step, configure a firewall in order to open a dynamic database port for the Quickbooks File Doctor and Quickbooks applications.
- You can easily do it on all client computers and your server.
- Keep in mind that the hosting on the server is turned on.
- In the last, ping the server both with IP and hostname not only on the server but all client computers as well.
Solution 6: Check the Portable Drive
Now proceed on to this solution if the above ones did not resolve the error issue. Commence the operation by inserting the removable device and then follow these steps:
- Try to disconnect and reconnect the drive.
- Then spot the Quickbooks company file with extension .QBW on the removable drive from my computer.
- Now save other files to your drive and examine whether it is working or not.
- Verify that the drive has sufficient space available.
Solution 7: Enable Hosting Mode
Hosting manages the company file access from the host to the workstations. Quickbooks desktop uses several services to manage the company file access such as:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 uses QuickBooksDB27
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 uses QuickBooksDB28
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019 uses QuickBooksDB29
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 uses QuickBooksDB30
Before enabling the hosting mode, take the guidance from the experts and then only carry on with the remaining procedure.
Solution 8: Run IPConfig
The IPConfig tool is used in examining the TCP/IP configuration of the computer. It also helps to fix issues. In order to use this tool, read these commands:
- Firstly, tap on the windows start menu.
- Then in the search field, enter CMD.
- From the list, choose the command prompt.
- In the last enter ipconfig and hit the enter key.
Hopefully, this article helps you in resolving the error issue. We have tried to include each and every possible troubleshooting to help you out from this difficult situation. But, if the error still appears then try to contact the Quickbooks customer care team and tell them about the issue.